Bulls Game Notes For Friday @ Boston
* The Celtics took the first meeting of the season, beating the Bulls 106-101 in Chicago on November 8. The teams have split their last eight meetings in Boston.
* The Bulls are coming off a 114-109 loss at Denver on Tuesday. After leading the NBA in scoring defense last season, allowing just 91.8 points per game, Chicago is 13th in 2014-15, giving up 99.0 ppg.
* Boston has not played since losing at Portland 94-88 on Sunday. The Celtics are 1-1 this season when playing on 3+ days’ rest.
* Jimmy Butler had 32 points in Tuesday’s loss to Denver. Eighteen of the 32 came from the free-throw line, as he went 18-for-20 from the stripe. The 20 FTA are the most by any player in a game this season. He is averaging 8.2 FT attempts per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA.
* Kirk Hinrich, who has started nine games in 2014-15 due to injuries to Derrick Rose and Jimmy Butler, has been much better after halftime; he’s putting up 3.1 points per game on 26.9 percent shooting (15.0 3P%) with a 1.82 A/TO ratio in the first half, compared to 6.2 ppg on 43.1 FG percent (60.0 3P%) with a 2.54 A/TO ratio after halftime.
* Jeff Green is averaging 18.4 points per game in 2014-15, which is on pace for a career high. He has scored in double figures in all 12 games. That is two games shy of the longest such streak of his career; he had 10+ points in his first 14 games of the 2010-11 season.