Blackhawks Game Notes For Wednesday @ Colorado
* Colorado won four of the five meetings between these teams last season and has won two straight and eight of its last 11 home games against the Blackhawks.
* The Blackhawks saw their season-high three game winning streak come to an end in a 4-1 loss to Vancouver on Sunday. Chicago has lost each of its last three games overall with the Avs – its longest active losing streak against any opponent.
* Colorado, which will be looking to win three in a row for the first time this season, has won four of its last five games after winning just four times in its first 17 to open the season.
* Kris Versteeg has seven points (3g, 4a) during his current four-game point streak, while lighting the lamp in two straight and three of those four contests. Versteeg has two goals (and six assists) in 14 career games against the Avs.
* Gabriel Landeskog scored two goals against Arizona on Tuesday for his first multi-goal performance of the season, while extending his current point streak to four games (2g, 4a). Landeskog has six goals in his career against Chicago – tied for the most goals in his career against any opponent (6 vs. Minnesota).
* Corey Crawford is winless (0-4-2) with a 4.38 GAA in his last six starts against Colorado and will be seeking his first victory over them since October 20, 2011. Crawford’s 1.98 GAA is the second-best mark among all NHL goalies this season (minimum 15 starts).