Blackhawks Game Notes For Friday vs. Washington
* The Blackhawks have scored five goals or more in three of their last four games against the Capitals at the United Center and are 3-0-1 in those games.
* The Blackhawks have been shut out in back-to-back home games (both 1-0 losses). The last time they’ve suffered three consecutive home shutout losses was from January 26-February 5, 1939.
*Alex Ovechkin has seven points in his last three games directly after not picking up a point in a career-high five straight games. He also has a goal in each of his last three games against the Blackhawks.
* Jonathan Toews scored his 200th career goal in the Chicago’s 5-0 win at Montreal on Tuesday. He is the 19th Blackhawks’ player to score 200 goals or more with the franchise. He is also one of 54 active NHL players to reach the 200 goal plateau.
* Corey Crawford earned his first shutout of the season and the 11th of his career in Chicago’s win on Tuesday. It was his third career shutout against an Eastern Conference opponent and his first since a 4-0 win over Florida on March 23, 2011.
* The Capitals have lost five games in a row. In 2013-14, they had losing streaks of seven games and five games in a season where they missed the playoffs for the first time since 2006-07.