White Sox Game Notes For Thursday vs. Royals
* After losing three of the first five meetings between these teams this season, the Royals have now won eight of their last 10 games against the White Sox.
* Chicago’s starting pitchers have posted quality starts in 16 of its 21 games this month – the most quality starts among all AL clubs in September.
* The Royals saw their three-game winning streak come to an end in a 6-4 loss to the Indians on Wednesday. Kansas City has 43 wins against the White Sox since the beginning of the 2011 season – its most victories against any opponent in that span.
* James Shields has won four consecutive road starts and has not lost a start away from home since July 1. The Royals have won each of Shields’ last three starts against the White Sox.
* Jose Quintana, who is 3-0 in his last four starts, is winless (0-5) in 11 career starts against Kansas City. Quintana’s five losses against the Royals are the most in his career against any opponent.
* Alcides Escobar is hitting .458 (11-for-24) with two doubles during his current five-game hitting streak. Escobar has collected two hits in each of his last two games against the White Sox.