A Colorado father posted startling pictures on Facebook of his teenage daughter on life support to warn about the dangers of drug use. He is also calling out the music festival she attended for the role he says it played in her hospitalization.
Keith Roehm’s 17-year-old daughter Bianca reportedly used the club drug called Molly while at a music fest in Denver last weekend. KDVR reports she had a core temperature of 108 degrees and her heart was racing at 165 beats per minute. She also had to be resuscitated on two occasions.
Keith became very outspoken on Facebook, blaming the “rave” culture for luring minors into dangerous situations.
“This could be your child,” he wrote on Facebook. “Mine was responsible and did well in school. These raves are death peddlers…”
The company that put on the festival issued a statement on Bianca situation saying, “We are keeping her and her family in our thoughts and prayers through what is clearly a difficult time. Over the last 15 years, health and safety has always been our top priority, which is why we engage local law enforcement, the fire department, and other agencies months in advance to plan an event that fans can enjoy in a safe environment. This includes on-site medical staff, many water and beverage vendors as well as the presence of police personnel and private security.
“While we cannot control the choices that individuals make prior to entry into the event, while inside our show we maintain a strict zero-tolerance policy in regard to illegal substances. We ask our fans to remember that split second decisions can have life altering implications for them, their family and their friends. It’s simply not worth it.”
KDVR reports Bianca has since regained consciousness. She was reportedly off of life support, but still experiencing some kidney problems. Her condition and prognosis were not clear.
Molly, an empathogenic drug containing MDMA, is generally considered a more pure form of Ecstasy. MDMA is illegal in the United States.