White Sox Game Notes For Monday @ Detroit
* The Tigers have outscored the White Sox by a single run (75-74) while splitting the 2014 season series to date (8-8). The White Sox will be trying to capture the season series for the first time since 2008 (12-6).
* The White Sox’ 10-5 victory at Tampa Bay Sunday represented their 15th win this season when allowing at least five runs. Chicago produced just six such victories in 2013.
* Although they lost at Kansas City on Sunday, 5-2, the Tigers still took two of three games in the series, thereby assuming a 1.5-game lead over the Royals in the AL Central. While Detroit now finishes with seven home games, Kansas City’s final seven games are all on the road.
* Avisail Garcia clubbed two home runs among his three hits on Sunday, producing the second multi-homer game of his career. He’s now slugging .579 when facing a given pitcher for the first time in a single game, compared to just .338 thereafter.
* Jose Abreu’s five home runs versus the Tigers this season are tied for his most against any opponent (Cleveland). It’s also tied for the most by any Detroit opponent in 2014 (Adam Dunn). And only Michael Brantley (32) has collected more total hits against the Tigers than Abreu (26).
* With his next RBI against the White Sox, Victor Martinez will reach 100 in his career versus Chicago. He already has collected more home runs (25) and RBI (99) against the White Sox than he has versus any other opponent.