Second Joliet double murder trial delayed until Tuesday

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

The trial of a second suspect in a gruesome double murder in Joliet has been pushed back to Tuesday.

Prosecutors say Joshua Miner strangled Eric Glover and Terrance Rankins at a home in January of 2013.

Police say Miner told them he wanted to scalp Glover and Rankins and wear one of their faces.

The judge in the case ruled Monday that Miner is mentally competent to stand trial.

The judge also said Miner will receive a bench trial.

Three other people were also charged in the plot.

Bethany McKee was convicted of murder last month; she'll be sentenced in October.

Alisa Massaro pled guilty earlier this year; Adam Landerman is still awaiting trial.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

1 Comment

  • Zebra Stripes

    If you put a badge on them, half of America would be calling them heroes. As a matter of fact, they probably are called heroes in certain circles.