Cubs Game Notes For Monday vs. Milwaukee
* The Brewers have held the Cubs to under four runs in eight of the 13 meetings this season. Milwaukee holds a 6-2 record in those games.
* Milwaukee enters today tied with St. Louis for first place in the NL Central. The Brewers haven’t been out of first place since April 4 and had sole possession of the Central lead dating back to July 21 until Sunday.
* The Brewers will try to avoid a sixth consecutive road loss for the first time since dropping 11 in a row July 20-August 11, 2012. This is also the second longest active road losing streak in the majors (Diamondbacks – six).
* Carlos Gomez is one steal away from back-to-back 20/30 seasons. He would join Ryan Braun as the only Brewers with consecutive 20-plus homer and 30-plus stolen base seasons. The only other Milwaukee Brewer with a 20/30 season is Tommy Harper in 1970 (31 HR & 38 SB).
* The Cubs had 16 home runs hit by rookies in the month of August. No other major-league team had more than nine hit by rookies last month (Baltimore and Arizona – nine each).
* Milwaukee starting pitcher Jimmy Nelson has a 2.08 ERA in four career road starts. The Brewers have a 3-1 record in those starts.