White Sox Game Notes For Friday vs. Detroit
* Over the last five seasons, the Tigers have won nearly 60 percent of their road games (25-17) against the White Sox. Over that span, only one AL team (Baltimore 11-6) has a better road record against the White Sox.
* The White Sox have a team ERA of 5.59 this month – the highest in the majors and the highest by the White Sox during the month of August since 2004 (5.88).
* Max Scherzer has gone 9-1 with a 1.83 ERA over his last 11 starts against the White Sox, while allowing just one run in 21.0 innings over his last three starts against them.
* Jose Abreu has a slugging percentage of .851 against the Tigers this season – the highest by any player against them (minimum 50 PA) since 1999.
* Over the last seven seasons, Miguel Cabrera has driven in 370 runs against AL Central competition – 108 more than any other player (Billy Butler has second-most RBI with 262).
* While Justin Verlander is currently displaying a 4.82 ERA this season, he still has won 11 games for the ninth consecutive season – tied with Jered Weaver for the longest active streak in the majors (including this season).