* The Indians beat the Astros, 3-1, on Sunday, taking two of three from Houston over the weekend in the process. Cleveland (9-4 in last 13 games) hasn’t lost a series since dropping two to the Reds, August 6-7 (4-0-1 series record in last five).
* Chicago lost, 7-4, at Yankee Stadium on Sunday, getting swept by New York, and losing its sixth straight game overall. The White Sox are 6-15 (.286) in August – tied with the Blue Jays for worst of any team in the majors.
* Chicago has won four straight and six of seven games against Cleveland at U.S. Cellular Field in 2014, and is 8-5 overall against the Indians this season. Last year, the Tribe went 17-2 against the Sox, including a mark of 9-1 in Chicago.
* T.J. House pitched 5.1 innings of shut-out ball in his last outing vs. the Twins at Target Field, winning that game, and improving to 1-1 with a 1.65 ERA in three starts this month. House got a no-decision after going 6.1 innings and allowing just one run (earned) in his only career appearance vs. the White Sox on May 28.
* Jose Quintana dropped his third consecutive game in his last start against the Orioles on August 19, and is now 6-10 on the season, despite posting the second-best ERA (3.25) among all White Sox’ starters in 2014. Quintana is 3-0 with a 3.07 ERA in seven career starts against the Indians.
* Jose Abreu recorded three straight multi-hit games (6-for-12 overall), hit one home run, and knocked in four runs over the weekend vs. the Yankees. Abreu has 10 hits in 10 games against Cleveland this season, five of which have left the yard.