Cubs Game Notes For Tuesday vs. San Francisco
* The Giants took two of three from the Phillies over the weekend, winning their first series since August 1-4 vs. the Mets in the process. San Francisco had 33 hits in its series against Philadelphia – its most in any three-game series this season.
* The Cubs beat the Mets, 4-1, yesterday, winning their second straight game, and splitting the four-game weekend series in New York with the victory. Chicago is 6-5 in its last 11 games at Wrigley Field (since July 28).
* San Francisco took two of three from Chicago at AT&T Park earlier this season, including back-to-back shutouts in the last two contests. The last time the Cubs were blanked three straight times by the same opponent was when the Braves did so, April 27-29, 1992.
* Ryan Vogelsong went 7.0 innings and allowed just two runs (both earned) in his last outing against the White Sox (August 12), and including a no-decision in that contest, is 2-0 with a 1.64 ERA in his last three starts overall. Vogelsong is 4-1 with a 3.72 ERA in his last five starts against the Cubs.
* Tsuyoshi Wada gave up two runs (both earned) in 6.2 innings of work in his last start vs. the Brewers on August 13, picking up his second MLB win, and improving to 2-0 with a 2.49 ERA in his last four outings overall. Tonight will be Wada’s first career appearance against the Giants.
* Anthony Rizzo went deep in yesterday’s triumph, giving him three homers and five RBI in his last seven games. Rizzo (zero HR in last nine games vs. Giants) is 5-for-15 (.333) during his current four-game hitting streak against San Francisco.