Cubs Game Notes For Friday @ NY Mets
* The Cubs have gone 14-7 against the Mets since 2011, their best record against any opponent and one of only two winning records against an NL team over that span (13-12 vs. Miami). Chicago is 6-3 in its last nine games at Citi Field.
* The Cubs are unbeaten in their last four series against NL foes (3-0-1), going 9-5 in those games. Prior to that stretch, Chicago went 0-8-1 in its previous nine series against league foes, going 9-21 in those games.
* The Mets have lost a season-high five straight home games, scoring just seven runs in those five games. However, New York has gone 93 straight games without allowing double-digit runs, the team’s longest streak since 1992 (102).
* Travis Wood is 2-0 with a 3.03 ERA (10 ER/29.2 IP) in five career starts against the Mets. Wood is winless in his last 10 starts overall, going 0-4 with a 5.43 ERA (33/54.2).
* Zack Wheeler has tossed eight straight quality starts, the longest streak by a Met since R.A. Dickey finished the 2012 season with nine straight. Wheeler is 4-0 with a 1.93 ERA (11 ER/51.1 IP) during his streak.
* David Wright is 0-for-10 against the Cubs this season after recording a hit in 10 straight games against them from 2012-13. Wright is currently riding a 13-game hitting streak, tied with the Cubs’ Starlin Castro for the second-longest active streak in the NL (Ender Inciarte: 14).