White Sox Game Notes For Tuesday @ San Francisco
* The White Sox lost, 4-2, in Seattle on Sunday, and have now dropped seven of their last nine games overall. Chicago was 33-33 and just 2.5 games out of first place in the AL Central entering play on June 12, but are 23-30 since (fourth worst record in the AL during that span).
* San Francisco was swept by the Royals in Kansas City over the weekend, and has dropped four straight games overall by a combined score of 19-7. The Giants are just 20-35 (.364) in their last 55 games – third worst in MLB since June 9.
* Including two victories earlier this season at U.S. Cellular Field, the White Sox have defeated the Giants five straight times – tied with the Royals for the longest active winning streak against San Francisco. Chicago swept three from San Francisco in these two clubs’ only all-time series at AT&T Park in 2008.
* Chris Sale allowed just two runs at home last Wednesday against the Rangers, but was saddled with his second setback of the season when the Sox couldn’t muster a single run until he left the game after six innings. Dating to August 17 last season, Sale is 4-0 with a 1.92 ERA in his last nine road starts.
* Ryan Vogelsong is 2-0 with a 1.20 ERA in two August outings, both of which were on the road (at Mets and at Brewers). Vogelsong, who will be facing the White Sox for the first time in his career tonight, is 0-5 with a 4.46 ERA in his last six starts at AT&T Park (2-1, 2.15 ERA in first six home starts of 2014).
* Adam Dunn went 2-for-4 on Sunday, snapping his season-long five-game hitless streak in the process. Dunn is batting .429 (12-for-29) with four home runs and 10 RBI in his last seven games against the Giants.