Cubs Game Notes For Monday vs. Milwaukee
* The Brewers lost, 5-1, to the Dodgers at Miller Park yesterday, snapping their three-game winning streak in the process. Dating to July 1, Milwaukee has dropped five consecutive road series, going just 4-10 in those matchups.
* The Cubs banged out 13 hits and beat the Rays, 3-2, in 12 innings on Sunday, recording the second walk-off victory in their last six games at Wrigley Field with the win. Chicago has played in 16 extra-inning contests this season (7-9 record) – tied for most of any NL club.
* The Brewers and Cubs have played nine times in 2014 with Milwaukee taking five of those contests. That said, Chicago has shut out Milwaukee three times this season – tied for most of any team vs. any opponent.
* Yovani Gallardo went 4.0 innings and allowed four runs (all earned) in his last outing, losing to the Giants at Miller Park last Wednesday. Gallardo, who hasn’t lost at Wrigley Field since 2009, is 4-0 with a 1.86 ERA in last six road starts vs. the Cubs.
* Jake Arrieta allowed a career-high tying nine runs (all earned) in 5.0 innings last Wednesday in Colorado, increasing his 2014 ERA from 2.11 to 2.80 in the outing. Arrieta is 2-0 with a 1.85 ERA in seven starts at Wrigley Field this season.
* Starlin Castro went 1-for-4 yesterday, and now has at least one hit in all nine games he’s played this month (.405 BA during hit streak). Castro is batting .382 (13-for-34) with two homers against the Brewers in 2014.