* The White Sox have won two of their three games against the Mariners this season, however, each of the last two meetings have been decided by just one run. Chicago has won nine of its last 11 road games against Seattle.
* The Mariners have won each of their last two home games after winning just two of their previous eight at Safeco Field. Seattle’s bullpen boasts the best ERA in the majors this season at 2.36.
* The White Sox own a road record of 11-6 since June 27 – tied for the second-best road record in the majors in that span. Chicago has dropped two straight and four of its last five games overall.
* Scott Carroll is 2-0 with a 0.51 ERA in his last three road starts after going 0-3 with a 6.30 ERA in his first four starts away from home. Carroll will be facing the Mariners for the first time in his career.
* Roenis Elias, whose nine losses are tied for the most by a rookie pitcher this season, has just one win in his last six starts. In his first career start against the White Sox on July 4, Elias gave up five runs in five innings of the loss.
* Alexei Ramirez is hitting .395 (15-for-38) with six doubles, one homer and nine RBI during his current nine-game hitting streak. Ramirez has just one hit in three meetings with Seattle this season (1-for-13).