Cubs Game Notes For Tuesday @ Colorado
* Cubs rookie Javier Baez will make his major league debut tonight and wear #9.
*The Rockies have won 13 of their last 16 home games against the Cubs, tied for the third-best home record by any team against any opponent over the last six seasons (minimum 15 games).
* The Cubs have recorded double-digit hits in each of their last three games and in an NL-high 15 contests since the beginning of July.
* The Rockies have lost four straight (and seven of their last eight) games, while punching out fewer than 10 hits in each game during the losing streak.
* Justin Morneau has played two home series against NL Central teams this season (June 20-22 vs. Brewers, June 23 vs. Cardinals), and each featured a game with a home run and at least five RBI by Morneau.
* Jake Arrieta has not allowed more than five hits once over his last 10 starts – the longest active streak in the majors.
* Chris Coghlan has recorded multiple hits in each of his last five outings and looks to become just the sixth different Cub to go six straight games with at least two hits since 1999.