* The Tigers have gone 26-8 over their last 34 home games against the White Sox, while outscoring Chicago by 72 runs (190-118) over the stretch.
* Led by former White Sox starter, Hector Santiago, and 3.2 innings of hitless relief, the Angels held the Tigers to just three hits on Sunday. It was only the sixth time this season Detroit had fewer than five hits, tied for the second fewest in the majors (Orioles five)..
* The White Sox have punched out at least 11 hits in four of their last five road games, and at least eight hits in each of their last 10 road games.
* Jose Quintana has allowed fewer than two runs in four of his last six starts (1.55 ERA with 43 strikeouts in 40.2 innings over stretch).
* Max Scherzer has not allowed a single run over his last two starts against the White Sox, and has gone 8-1 with a 1.89 ERA over his last 10 starts against them.
* Austin Jackson leads the majors with 14 multi-hit games this month. He has three shots at becoming the first Tiger since 1977 (Ron LeFlore 16) with 15 such games during July.