* The Cubs have won 16 of their last 21 home games against the Rockies, including five of their last seven there against them. These teams will be meeting for the first time this season.
* The Rockies have lost six straight and 12 of their last 13 road games. Colorado boasts the best batting average in the majors this season (.282), while the Cubs have the second-lowest mark (.237).
* The Cubs have lost two straight and nine of their last 11 games overall and have just three wins in their last 11 at Wrigley Field.
* Chicago has hit 27 home runs so far this month – the second-most in baseball (Cleveland, 30). Colorado has hit 25 homers this July – tied for the third-most in the majors with Baltimore.
* Yohan Flande and Tsuyoshi Wada have combined to make just six major-league starts entering tonight’s ballgame, the fewest ever by any starting pitching matchup in a Cubs-Rockies contest.
* Anthony Rizzo has recorded at least one hit in 11 of his last 12 games overall. Rizzo is hitting .429 (9-for-21) with five homers and eight runs in his last six games against NL West foes.