White Sox Game Notes For Monday vs. KC
* Kansas City was blanked, 6-0, in Boston on Sunday, and got swept three straight by the Red Sox over the weekend by a combined score of 13-5 overall. The Royals are just 9-17 (.346) in their last 26 contests – tied for third worst in MLB since June 19.
* The White Sox dropped an 11-7 home decision to the Astros yesterday, losing for just the fourth time in their last 11 games at U.S. Cellular Field in the process. The 11 runs allowed by Chicago on Sunday were its most in the last 58 games (since allowing 11 to the A’s on May 13).
* The Royals have taken six of nine contests with the White Sox in 2014, including a three-game sweep at U.S. Cellular, June 13-15. Dating to April 4, 2013, Kansas City is 10-1 in its last 11 road games vs. the White Sox.
* Jeremy Guthrie lasted just 4.0 innings and gave up a season-high eight runs (all earned) to the Tigers on July 10, and is 0-2 with a 15.75 ERA in his last two outings overall. Guthrie is 4-0 with a 1.30 ERA in his last five starts against the White Sox at U.S. Cellular Field.
* Chris Sale is 1-0 with a 1.08 ERA, 18 strikeouts and zero walks in his last two outings, and at 8-1 (.889), has the best winning percentage of any MLB pitcher with at least 10 starts in 2014. Sale is 5-5 with a 2.32 ERA in 11 career starts against the Royals.
* Jose Abreu went 2-for-5 on Sunday, and is now batting .400 (18-for-45) during his current 11-game hitting streak – his second double-digit hit streak of the season (18-gamer from June 15-July 4). Abreu is hitting just .182 in six career games against the Royals.