* The White Sox have won four straight games against the Indians, with three of the games decided by one run. Chicago is 7-3 against Cleveland this year after losing 17 of 19 matchups last season.
* Chicago has lost each of its last two games via walkoff, bringing its total of walkoff losses to five, tied for second most in the AL (Boston, 7).
* Cleveland has allowed just 42 runs (39 earned) over its last 14 games. The Indians’ 2.74 ERA over that span leads the AL. Prior to that stretch, Cleveland’s 4.18 ERA ranked 12th in the AL.
* Hector Noesi tossed 6.2 shutout innings in his last start to earn his third win of the year. In his previous five starts, he had a 5.40 ERA (17 ER/28.1 IP) with five home runs allowed.
* Corey Kluber has faced the White Sox twice this season, striking out 19 batters while allowing just three runs in 15.1 innings, but he has not earned a decision in either game (both 4-3 losses).
* Jose Abreu has 49 extra-base hits, the most ever by a rookie before the All-Star break, while his 195 total bases are third most all-time, five behind Mark McGwire’s record of 200.