* The Braves have won nine of their last 10 games against the Cubs, while allowing no more than two runs in each of their last four meetings.
* The Braves, coming off a 3-1 win over the Mets, have now won at least 50 games before the All-Star break for the 14th time since 1993. Over that span, only the Yankees (15) have won at least 50 games before the break more often.
* The Cubs, coming off a 6-4 victory in Cincinnati, have scored at least six runs in seven of their last 10 victories.
* Since June 29, the Cubs lead the National League with 13 home runs, while the Braves have hit just one home run – fewest in the majors.
* Julio Teheran has allowed just one run in each of his last two starts against the Cubs, and just one hit over eight innings in his last start against them (May 9 in Atlanta).
* Jake Arrieta has allowed a total of just four runs over his last six starts, while not allowing more than five hits in any start during the stretch.