Cubs Game Notes For Monday @ Cincinnnati
* The Cubs have won back-to-back games just once against the Reds since September 13, 2011. That was a modest two-game streak from Sept. 9-10, 2013. Cincinnati holds a 34-12 record against Chicago during this stretch.
* Mike Leake is 3-0 with a 1.71 ERA in his last four starts against the Cubs, all in 2013. Chicago sluggers Anthony Rizzo and Starlin Castro went a combined 4-for-23 against Leake last season
* Jay Bruce is batting .206 with two homers and 11 RBI in 18 games this season when Joey Votto is out of the starting lineup. Votto’s status for this series is up in the air due to a strained left quad.
* Since 1914, this week marks the 25th series of five games or more between the two teams and the first since 1999 (four series of six games were played). During this stretch, the only sweep in a series of five games or more was the by the Reds in 1931.
* After their 4-2 win over the Brewers yesterday, the Reds went to 7-3 against the Brewers to go with a 19-9 combined record against the Brew Crew, Pirates and Cubs on the season.
* Edwin Jackson has 252 career starts, fifth most by active pitchers 30 years old or younger. Felix Hernandez of the Mariners leads with 288 career starts at just 28 years and 90 days old.