Cubs Game Notes For Friday @ Washington
* Washington is 8-3 in its last 11 home games against Chicago, although the Cubs have won each of the last two games at Nationals Park.
* Tanner Roark and Jason Hammel both enter Friday’s game with a 7-5 record and 2.98 ERA. This is the first game where both starting pitchers have the same record and same ERA entering a game since August 15, 1974 (minimum 10 starts by both starters entering the game). Mike Cuellar of the Orioles and Jim Kaat of the White Sox were both 13-9 with a 3.54 ERA entering that 1974 meeting.
* Ryan Zimmerman has four career home runs on the Fourth of July, tied for the second most among active players.
* The Cubs have won four straight road games and are looking for their first five-game road winning streak since a five-game streak between July 31 and August 4 in 2011.
* Anthony Rizzo is hitting .429 (12-for-28) with two home runs and five RBI in seven career games at Nationals Park.
* Of the Cubs’ 46 losses this season, only 14 have come from blown leads (30.4 percent), the third-lowest percentage in the majors.