Indiana drivers will be facing a big reroute during the morning rush on Thursday due to an 8 mile closure.
US-30 will be shut down between US-41 and I-65 starting at 10 p.m. tonight as crews work to repair power lines and replace traffic signals damaged by Monday night’s storm.
Here’s what you can expect:
- US-30 Blocked US-41 to I-65
- US-41 traffic will get past US-30 north and south, but traffic will not be allowed to turn east onto US-30.
- I-65 traffic will get past US-30 north and south, but traffic will not be allowed to exit west onto US-30.
- Taft St (SR55) will be blocked completely at US-30.
- All other north/south streets that pass through US-30 may see blockages. But INDOT says there’s no way to predict when specifically that would happen so it’s best to avoid the area if you can.
Crews hope to have to roadway back open by 10 a.m. tomorrow. INDOT says it will work as quickly as possible, but U.S. 30 could be closed longer than 10am Thursday if any problems arise.