Cubs Game Notes For Monday @ Boston
* These teams will be meeting for the first time since the 2012 season, when Boston won the series 2-1. The Red Sox lead the all-time regular-season series between these clubs, 5-4.
* The Red Sox are 10-2 at home since May 28 – the second-best home record in the majors in that span (LAA are first at 11-1). Each of Boston’s last five home games has been decided by just one run.
* The Cubs have just three wins in their last nine games and will be looking to snap their current two-game losing streak. The Cubs are 2-6 in interleague play this season, while the Red Sox have won six consecutive interleague contests.
* Jake Peavy is 0-6 with a 5.88 ERA over his last 11 games and will be seeking his first victory since April 25. Peavy has lost each of his last two starts against the Cubs.
* Jake Arrieta, who is 3-0 with a 1.29 ERA over his last three starts, is 0-3 with a 5.67 ERA in five career starts against the Red Sox.
* David Ortiz has three homers and eight RBI over his last seven games. The Red Sox have won six consecutive games when Ortiz has hit a home run and are 14-3 overall on the season when he homers in a game.