White Sox Game Notes For Monday @ Baltimore
* The Orioles are 6-2 against the White Sox at Camden Yards dating back to the start of the 2012 season. That is Baltimore’s best home record against any AL team over that span.
* The White Sox have lost a season-high seven consecutive games away from home, allowing at least four runs in each contest. In 2013, Chicago had three separate road losing streaks of at least nine games.
* Baltimore had been held below 10 hits in 14 straight games prior to Sunday’s 8-0 win over the Yankees (12 hits). Prior to that, the last time the Orioles were held to single-digit hits in 14 straight games in a single season was in 1978 (14 straight games from May 21 – June 1, 1978).
* Nick Markakis is a career .340 hitter against the White Sox – the second-highest average by any active player against Chicago (minimum 100 plate appearances; Marco Scutaro – .385). Nelson Cruz has a .183 career batting average against the White Sox – the third lowest among active players (minimum 100 PA).
* In three career starts against the White Sox, Wei-Yin Chin has 20 strikeouts in just 17.1 innings pitched. His 10.4 strikeouts-per-nine innings pitched is the fifth highest among all active pitchers with at least three starts against Chicago.
* Opposing batters are hitting just .171 against Chris Sale this season, the lowest batting average allowed by a White Sox pitcher through his first 10 starts of a season since Tommy John in 1968 (.163).