Cubs Game Notes For Friday vs. Pirates
* Since May 2013, the Pirates have gone 18-8 against the Cubs, which is the most victories against the Cubs and most wins by Pittsburgh against any opponent over that span.
* Since May 10, opponents are hitting just .230 (279/1211) against the Cubs – the lowest opponent batting average allowed by any National League team over that span.
* On Thursday, the Pirates picked up a 4-3 win over Cincinnati – their MLB-high 31st game decided by a single run this season (16-15 record in those games).
* Starlin Castro, who has already matched his home run total from all of last season (10), has punched out exactly three hits in three of his last four games.
* Jason Hammel has allowed a total of just eight runs over five home starts this season (2.20 ERA at home), and has not allowed a home run over his last three home starts.
* Only one second baseman (Robinson Cano 40) has picked up more RBI than Neil Walker (35) has so far this season. Walker has driven in multiple runs in two of his last three road games.