White Sox Game Notes For Monday vs. Detroit
* The Tigers went 4-2 against the White Sox in April, improving to 51-28 versus Chicago since 2010. The 51 wins are the most by any team in an AL Central division rivalry over that span.
* Detroit squandered a 3-2 lead in the ninth inning and lost to Boston on Sunday, 5-3. It was the Tigers’ third loss this season when leading after eight innings. Only Pittsburgh (4) has endured more such defeats.
* The White Sox dropped all three games to the Angels this weekend, suffering their first three-game sweep of 2014. White Sox starting pitchers compiled a 9.00 ERA while lasting 5.0 innings per start in the series.
* Miguel Cabrera left Sunday’s game due to a hamstring injury in the sixth inning. He’s reportedly day-to-day. Cabrera currently leads the majors with a .434 batting average with runners on base, and with a mark of .429 with runners in scoring position.
* After going 0-4 with a 10.86 ERA through his first four career starts against the White Sox, Rick Porcello is 9-1 with a 2.36 ERA over his last 13 efforts versus Chicago. The nine victories are Porcello’s most against any opponent in his career.