Cubs Game Notes For Monday @ Pittsburgh
* Since 2013, the Pirates are 9-4 at home against the Cubs including winning two-of-three at the beginning of this season. Pittsburgh’s 9-4 record at home against the Cubs is its third-best home record versus any National League opponent during this time.
* After losing six of their previous nine games (eight road games), the Cubs have won six of their last eight (six home games). In these last eight games, Chicago has hit five triples and nine home runs.
* After starting the season 0-6 in nine starts, Charlie Morton has won two of his last three starts. Over these last three starts, Morton has a 2.81 ERA and a .211 opponent batting average.
* In six home starts Edwin Jackson is 3-1 with a 3.22 ERA and in six road starts he is 1-4 with a 6.12 ERA. Jackson’s 2.90 home-road ERA differential is the seventh largest among NL pitchers this season (min. 1.0 IP per team game).
* So far in June, Andrew McCutchen is batting .357 with three home runs and five RBI. In his career against Edwin Jackson, McCutchen is batting .435 with two home runs and six RBI.
* In his career against the Pirates, Starlin Castro is batting .309 with eight home runs and 34 RBI. In his career against Charlie Morton, Castro is batting .429 with two home runs and five RBI.