Blackhawks Game 7 Notes vs. Los Angeles
* The Blackhawks scored two goals in the third period to take Game 6 and force a deciding Game 7 in Chicago. While the Blackhawks are 6-5 all-time in Game 7 overall, they have won four straight Game 7s at home. On the other side, the Kings are 6-4 all-time in Game 7 and 4-3 in Game 7 on the road, including road wins in Game 7 in each of their prior series this postseason. In Game 7 all-time, the home team has won 58.7 percent of the matchups.
* After going to seven games in each of their prior two series, the Kings are now the third NHL team all-time (also 1992-93 Maple Leafs and 2001-02 Avalanche) to go to seven games in each of the first three rounds of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. However, Los Angeles will look to become the first team to reach the Stanley Cup Finals after playing seven games in each of the first three rounds.
* In three career Game 7s, Jonathan Quick is 3-0 with a 1.33 GAA and .957 save percentage, whereas Corey Crawford is 1-1 in two career Game 7s with a 1.40 GAA and .954 save percentage.
* Patrick Kane scored two goals on Friday, including the game-winner, his fourth game-winning goal of the postseason. In addition, Kane’s teammate Jonathan Toews has four game-winning goals in these playoffs, making the Blackhawks the first NHL team with two players with at least four game-winning goals in the same playoffs since the Red Wings in the 2007-08 postseason (Johan Franzen, 5; Henrik Zetterberg, 4).
* Drew Doughty had his fifth multi-point game of this postseason in Game 6, scoring a goal and recording an assist. Doughty’s 16 points this postseason have now tied his own record for most points by a Kings’ defenseman in a single postseason, as he also recorded 16 points in the 2011-12 postseason.
* Brandon Saad’s plus-seven rating during this current series leads all skaters on either team, and his plus-10 rating overall this postseason is tied for the highest by any skater, along with Anze Kopitar and Tanner Pearson.
* Justin Williams has 12 points (six goals, six assists) in six career Game 7s. Williams has recorded a point in all six of his career Game 7s, and recorded at least one goal in five out of his six career Game 7s.