Cubs Game Notes For Friday @ Milwaukee
* The Cubs have won two straight and four of seven against Milwaukee after losing 21 of their previous 27 meetings. Since the start of last season, Chicago has outhit the Brewers 191-182 but has been outscored 101-85 while losing 16 of the 25 meetings.
* The Brewers have played 38 straight games without scoring or allowing 10+ runs, the longest active streak in baseball. However, Milwaukee has 10+ hits in each of its last eight games, one shy of the club record.
* Travis Wood has won three straight starts for the third time in his career (2010, 2012). In each of the previous two, he won exactly four straight. Only three Cubs lefties have won four straight starts while allowing five hits or fewer in each: Lefty Tyler in 1918, Paul Maholm in 2012 and Travis Wood in 2012.
* Marco Estrada has allowed 16 home runs this season. The only NL pitchers to allow more home runs in a season before June are Jose Lima (22 in 2000), Eric Milton (20 in 2005), Fergie Jenkins (17 in 1973), Phil Niekro (17 in 1979), Ben Sheets (17 in 2003) and Brett Myers (17 in 2009).
* Anthony Rizzo has 38 walks and 38 strikeouts this season. The only Cubs in the last 100 years to finish May with 38+ walks and at least as many walks as strikeouts are Stan Hack (1941), Ron Santo (1969), Rick Monday (1973) and Sammy Sosa (2002).
* Carlos Gomez is 15-for-29 (.517) with seven extra-base hits and nine RBI over his last seven games. He is the first Brewer with 15 hits including seven extra-base hits over a seven-game span since Casey McGehee August 8-14, 2010 (15, 7).