The Chicago Police has issued a community alert for Chicago’s South Side after at least four burglaries in recent weeks.
Police say the thieves either forced their way into the homes or entered through unlocked doors or windows.
So far, no arrests have been made.
Incident times and locations:
6000 Block of S. Natoma Ave. on April 14, 2014 during the daytime hours.
5900 Block of S. Natoma Ave. on May 3, 2014 during the daytime hours.
7000 Block of W. 63rd St. on May 4, 2014 during the afternoon/evening hours.
5800 Block of S. Sayre Ave. on May 7-8, 2014 during the overnight hours.
What you can do:
• Ensure your residence is properly secured when you leave
• Keep the perimeter of your property well lit
• Report suspicious activity immediately
• Keep doors and windows secured
• Immediately repair any broken windows, doors or locks
• If video surveillance is available, save and make a copy of the incident for investigating detectives.
• If you are a victim do not touch anything, call police immediately
• If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information