* The Kings beat the Ducks, 6-2, on Friday night at Honda Center, securing their third straight trip to the Western Conference Final in the process. The last team to participate in three consecutive Conference Finals (Eastern or Western Conference), was Detroit in 2007-2009.
* Chicago closed out Minnesota, 2-1, in overtime last Tuesday, and will be taking on Los Angeles for the second consecutive year in the Western Conference Final. The Blackhawks beat the Kings, 2-1, in Game 1 last season on their way to winning the series in five games.
* Marian Gaborik had a goal and an assist on Friday, giving him an NHL-high nine markers during the 2014 playoffs. Gaborik has lit the lamp in four straight road games (6 goals during streak), and is currently riding a six-game road point streak overall.
* Marian Hossa had nine points (1g, 8a) in the Second Round to pace the Blackhawks against the Wild. Hossa has a team-high tying 11 points overall in the 2014 postseason, with eight of those coming on home ice.
* Mike Richards had a goal and a helper in Game 7 against the Ducks, garnering first-star accolades for his performance. Richards, who had just three points (1g, 2a) during the 2014 playoffs entering Friday’s triumph, went pointless against Chicago in three regular-season tilts this year.
* Jonathan Quick is 5-1 with a 1.62 GAA and .948 save percentage in his last six postseason road contests. Dating to the 2012-13 regular season (and including last year’s playoffs), Quick is just 2-7 with a 3.47 GAA and .876 save percentage in his last nine games against the Blackhawks.
* Corey Crawford went 3-0 with a 1.70 GAA and .933 save percentage vs. the Kings at United Center in last year’s Conference Final, and is 10-4 in 14 career starts between the pipes against Los Angeles overall (regular and postseason).