White Sox Game Notes For Monday @ Oakland
* After losing the first five games of last year’s season series with the A’s, the White Sox salvaged the final two meetings. However, the A’s still boast a five-game winning streak versus the White Sox in Oakland.
* The White Sox dropped their last two games to Arizona to fall to 19-20 overall. Chicago has spent 36 days within one game of .500, the most in MLB.
* The Athletics swept three games from Washington this weekend and have won four in a row, matching a season high. At 23-15, Oakland is eight games over .500 for the third time this year (13-5 and 18-10).
* Gordon Beckham went 2-for-4 Sunday, accounting for half of Chicago’s four hits. He’s managed at least one hit in 11 of 12 games since April 29, though only two were multi-hit efforts.
* John Danks is 6-1 with a 2.12 ERA against the A’s in his career. The ERA is his lowest mark versus any American League opponent. He’s allowed two earned runs or fewer in eight of nine starts against Oakland.
* Derek Norris blasted two home runs Sunday for the first time in his career. His six RBI also represented a career high. He’s now batting .487 (19-for-39) since April 24, the best rate in MLB over that span (minimum 25 PA).