Cubs Game Notes For Monday @ St. Louis
* The Cubs and Cardinals have split the first six games of their 2014 series, with each taking two of three in their home ballpark. Since 2011, the Cardinals are 22-8 when playing the Cubs in St. Louis.
* The Cardinals got back to .500 (19-19) when they held on for a 6-5 victory over Pittsburgh Sunday night. St. Louis has not won or lost more than two games in a row at any point since April 16.
* While Starlin Castro is batting a robust .329 when at the plate with fewer than two outs this season, his mark is an anemic .143 with two outs. He’s a career .301 hitter against the Cardinals overall.
* In his start against the White Sox last Wednesday, Travis Wood matched a career high when he allowed eight runs. He’s lost all three road starts this season while surrendering 26 hits over 15.1 innings and compiling an 8.80 ERA.
* Jhonny Peralta was batting just .151 entering April 25, but since then he’s hit safely in 14 of 15 games while batting .356. His nine-game hitting streak since the beginning of May is three shy of his career long (12 games on three occasions).