Cubs Game Notes For Saturday @ Atlanta
* Atlanta has received stellar starting pitching so far in 2014 with the best ERA among MLB starting staffs at 2.64.
* The Braves have scored three or fewer runs in each of their last seven games, which is their longest such streak in 12 years.
* If the Cubs score at least five runs tonight, they should have a good shot at winning. They are 9-2 when they score five or more, and 3-20 when they do not.
* Ervin Santana has made 270 starts (and 273 appearances) in his career, but has never faced the Chicago Cubs.
* Jeff Samardzija is still looking for his first win of the season. despite posting a 1.62 ERA over his first seven starts. No pitcher has ever posted a sub-2.00 ERA in a season in which he has gone winless and started at least seven games.
* Mike Olt has more runs batted in (17) than hits (15) so far this season. Seven of his 15 total hits (42.9%) have been home runs, and he has hit a homer in three straight games.