Blackhawks Game 3 Notes At Minnesota
* Chicago throttled Minnesota, 4-1, in Game 2, and has now won six straight games since dropping its first two contests to St. Louis in the First Round of the 2014 playoffs. The last time the Blackhawks put together a longer postseason win streak was during a seven-gamer, May 11-31, 2010, on their way to winning the Stanley Cup.
* The Wild lost their first two contests to the Avalanche in the First Round, before battling back and winning the series in seven games. Minnesota had been down 0-2 three previous times in franchise history entering the 2014 postseason, and lost each of those three matchups in five or fewer games.
* Minnesota is 3-0 at Xcel Energy Center during the 2014 playoffs, outscoring Colorado by a combined 8-3 in those victories. The Wild, Blackhawks (5-0) and Canadiens (2-0) are the only postseason clubs yet to lose at home in 2014.
* Bryan Bickell had a goal and two helpers in Game 2, recording his first career three-point postseason game, and garnering first-star accolades for his performance. Bickell has eight points during the 2014 playoffs, all of which have come during his current five-game scoring streak.
* EriK Haula had an assist in Game 2 – his second straight and third skate in the alst four in which he’s had a helper. Haula has 10 points (4g, 6a) in his last 15 games (dating to April 3) after tallying just nine points (3g, 6a) in the first 40 tilts of his NHL career.
* Chicago is 6-0 when lighting the lamp first during the 2014 playoffs. Including the regular season, the Blackhawks are 40-2-7 (.888) when scoring the game’s initial marker – second best in the NHL.
* The Blackhawks have won 13 consecutive series when taking a 2-0 lead in a best-of-7 (dating to 1972 postseason). The last time Chicago lost a best-of-7 after winning the first two tilts was in 1971 vs. Montreal in the Stanley Cup Final (lost in seven games).