CTA releases list of buildings needed to be torn down
The CTA has released the list of nearly 20 buildings in the Lakeview neighborhood it says must be torn down as part of a $320 million project to build an elevated bypass and untangle trains on the Red, Purple and Brown lines.
Eleven vacant lots would also be affected, bringing to 30 the number of properties involved in the project.
You can see the entire list of affected properties HERE.
The properties, according to Google maps, include:
• Residential buildings from 3240 N. Wilton Ave. to 3252 N. Wilton Ave.
• Smokers Zone at 3328 N. Clark St. (rear building only)
• Moksha yoga center at 3334-3344 N. Clark St.
• Bolat African Cuisine at 3346-3348 N. Clark St.
• Peg’s Pantry, 3366 N. Clark St.
• Johnny O’Hagan’s Irish Pub & Restaurant at 947 W. Roscoe St.
• Second Stage Theatre at 3406 N. Sheffield Ave.
• A restaurant at 3401-3407 N. Clark St.
• A restaurant at 3413 N. Clark St.
• Beggars Pizza and Beer bar at 3415-3419 N. Clark St.
• Clark St. Beach at 3421 N. Clark St.
• Residential property at 947-949 W. Newport
In making the list public, CTA spokeswoman Tammy Chase said acquisition of the properties isn’t a “done deal” and public hearings will be held.
The CTA said in a release that it will follow the guidelines of the Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act as it acquires the properties.