* After dropping their last two games to the Dodgers, the Diamondbacks have fallen to 5-16 (.238). In addition to being the worst record in baseball, it’s the worst mark in Diamondbacks history after 21 games. The previous worst was a 6-15 record in their inaugural 1998 campaign.
* The Cubs are 5-12 through 17 games for the third consecutive year. They have lost six of their past seven games and have yet to win back-to-back games this season.
* Bronson Arroyo is 13-10 with a sparkling 2.91 ERA against the Cubs in his career. But he is coming off a start last Tuesday in which he surrendered nine runs over 3.1 innings versus the Mets. It was the most runs he’s allowed in any outing since May 2011.
* Travis Wood has lost each of his last four starts against the Diamondbacks. His 6.33 career ERA versus Arizona is his second highest against any opponent (minimum 2 GS, Miami, 9.00).
* With a pair of hits Sunday, Anthony Rizzo is now batting .349 in 2014, far higher than his .210 mark at the same point last season (17 games). However, Rizzo has totaled just two homers and eight RBI this year, compared to six and 14, respectively, through 17 games in 2013.