Blackhawks Game Notes For Monday Game 3 vs. St. Louis
* The Blues needed extra time to beat the Blackhawks, 4-3, for the second straight game on Saturday, and took a demanding 2-0 lead in this best-of-7 matchup. Including the postseason, St. Louis is 29-0-1 when netting at least four goals this year.
* Including a 2-2 mark at United Center, the Blues are 7-3-0 in their last 10 games vs. the Blackhawks overall (regular and postseason combined).
* Kevin Shattenkirk has four points (1g, 3a) in the first two games of this matchup – tied for most of any blueliner in the 2014 playoffs. Shattenkirk had just four points 1g, 3a) in his first 15 career postseason games (2012 and 2013 playoffs).
* Bryan Bickell is averaging 6.5 hits per game in the playoffs – most of any Western Conference skater and second most of any player in the postseason overall (Brandon Dubinsky of the Blue Jackets is averaging 8.5 hits per game). Still looking for his first point of the 2014 playoffs, Bickell had 17 points (9g, 8a) during the 2013 postseason – second most of any Blackhawk.
* These clubs have combined to score seven of their 14 combined goals in the first period of Games 1 and 2. During the 2013-14 regular season, both the Blues and Blackhawks scored 68 first-period goals – tied for ninth most in the league.
* St. Louis has a series record of 10-1 when taking a 2-0 lead into Game 3 of a best-of-7, with its only setback coming to the Kings in last year’s playoffs. Chicago has a mark of 4-27 when down 0-2 in a best-of-7, last winning such a series in 1995 vs. the Maple Leafs.