* Chicago went 20-4-4 in its first 28 games of the season – second best of any NHL club through November 30 – but including two straight setbacks to end the year, went 26-17-11 in the last 54 tilts of 2013-14. The Blackhawks have recorded 100+ points four times in the last six seasons.
* The Blues stumbled into the playoffs, losing six straight games to end the regular season, scoring no more than two goals in each of those setbacks. St. Louis is one of just three teams all-time to enter the postseason on a 6+ game losing streak [1992-93 Sabres (7 straight losses) and the 1983-84 Canadiens (6 straight losses) are the others].
* St. Louis won the first three matches with Chicago in 2013-14, but the Blackhawks took the last two meetings, both of which were played at United Center. Chicago is 12-1-2 in its last 15 home games against the Blues.
* The Blues and Blackhawks are facing each other in the postseason for the 11th time overall, and the first time since the 2002 Conference Quarterfinals. St. Louis has faced Chicago more than any other team in its history (291 times in the regular season and 341 times including postseason).
* Marian Hossa lit the lamp once in Chicago’s season finale, giving him 30 goals in 2013-14 – his first 30+ marker season since 2008-09 when he was with the Red Wings, and the eighth of his career overall. Hossa has played in 97 postseason games since 2007-08 – most of any NHL player during that span.
* Alexander Steen led the Blues in both goals (33) and points (62) this season, despite missing 14 games due to various injuries. Steen had two goals in three skates against the Blackhawks during the 2013-14 regular season.
* No team has won back-to-back Stanley Cups since the 1997 and 1998 Red Wings. The Blackhawks have won two of the last four Cups (also 2010).