Blackhawks Game Notes For Friday @ Washington
* The Blackhawks have earned at least a point in seven of their last eight games against the Capitals (5-1-0-2). Chicago has scored 11 goals in their last two games in the series, both wins.
* The Capitals have won three games in a row after losing their previous five contests. Their playoff hopes ended Wednesday when Columbus and Detroit clinched the last two berths in the East. Before this season, Washington last missed the playoffs in 2006-07.
* Former Blackhawks’ winger Troy Brouwer has a career-high 25 goals and 43 points for Washington this season. He has three multi-goal games since March 16, including two goals in the Capitals’ 5-2 win last night at Carolina.
* Blackhawks’ netminder Corey Crawford hasn’t allowed more than three goals since January 22, and has a 13-8-2 record with a 1.82 goals-against average and .930 save percentage during this span.
* Chicago’s 3-2 win over Montreal on Wednesday was their first all season in the five-minute overtime period; they had lost their previous seven this season. The Blackhawks are 6-8 this season in shootouts.
* Alex Ovechkin enters the final two games tied with Nicklas Backstrom for the team lead in points with 77. Ovechkin has been the solo leader of the Capitals in points every season of his career dating back to 2005-06.