Blackhawks Game Notes For Wednesday vs. Montreal
* Montreal defeated Detroit, 5-3, at Bell Centre on Saturday, recording its second straight and seventh win in the last eight games in the process. The Canadiens are 10-2-0 (.833) in their 12 contests – best of any team in the league since March 15.
* The Blackhawks beat the Blues, 4-2, at United Center on Sunday, and have now won three straight games overall. Chicago is 29-0-4 when netting at least four goals this season (16-19-11 when scoring fewer than four times).
* The Habs beat the Blackhawks, 2-1, in overtime at Bell Centre the first time these clubs met in 2013-14 (January 11). Montreal hasn’t won a game in Chicago in over 12 years (lost three straight since 3-2 victory on February 27, 2002).
* Max Pacioretty lit the lamp once Saturday, giving him nine goals and 12 points in his last eight games. With 39 markers in 2013-14, Pacioretty (0g, 2a in three career games vs. Chicago) is one shy of becoming the first Montreal skater to record 40 goals in a season since Vincent Damphousse had 40 in 1993-94.
* Jeremy Morin had a goal and a helper in Sunday’s win, recording the first multi-point game of his career, and garnering first-star accolades for his performance. Morin has skated against the Habs once in his career (0 points, 1 SOG).
* Chicago is 23-1-2 (.923) when leading after the first period this season – tied with Nashville for best in the league. Montreal is 35-0-3 (.961) when taking a lead into the third period in 2013-14 (3rd best in the NHL).