White Sox Game Notes For Monday @ Colorado
* This will be the first meeting between these teams since 2011. The White Sox are 6-3 in the all-time series, including 5-1 when playing at Colorado.
* Chicago has scored at least five runs in five of six games this season. After posting the lowest scoring rate (3.69 runs per game) in the American League in 2013, the White Sox are tied for second in 2014 (5.67).
* The Rockies have averaged 9.0 runs in their three victories compared to 3.0 runs per game in their four losses. The top six spots of Colorado’s lineup have combined for a .367 batting average, while the bottom third is hitting just .176.
* While Felipe Paulino is 8-6 with a 3.61 ERA when facing American League opponents in his career, he’s 5-26 with a 5.86 ERA versus the National League. It’s the highest ERA against the NL among active pitchers (minimum 200 IP).
* Alexei Ramirez has hit in all six games this season, collecting multiple hits in four them, tying for the American League lead. While he’s just 1-for-7 (.143) when batting with no outs, he’s 9-for-15 (.600) otherwise.
* Michael Cuddyer has done even better, hitting in all seven games and collecting at least two hits on five occasions, which is tied for the second most in the majors. Cuddyer’s .398 average since the beginning of last September is the highest in MLB (minimum 75 PA).