White Sox Game Notes For Friday at Kansas City
* The Royals won 10 of the 19 games with the White Sox last season, winning the season series for the third consecutive season. Kansas City had not taken a single-season series from Chicago in the previous 10 years (2001-2010).
* The White Sox won their season-opening series with the Minnesota Twins, 2-1. Chicago pounded out at least 11 hits in all three games marking the first time the White Sox have opened a season with back-to-back-to-back 11+ hit games since 1945 (started with 5 straight 11+ hit games).
* The Royals are still looking for their first win of the season, losing in walkoff fashion twice in Detroit and having the third game of the series rained out on Thursday. It’s the second season in a row the Royals have started 0-2; Kansas City has not started 0-3 since 2001.
* Alejandro De Aza has three home runs in the first three games. He is the first White Sox player ever to have three home runs through the first three team games of a season.
* Salvador Perez is 5-for-7 (.714) with three doubles on the year while Alcides Escobar (0-for-7), Mike Moustakas (0-for-8) and Norichika Aoki (0-for-9) are still looking for their first hit of the season.
* Since 2012, Jeremy Guthrie is 4-2 with a 2.25 ERA (15 ER/60.0 IP) against the White Sox in nine starts.