Bulls Game Notes For Friday vs. Portland
* The Trail Blazers have won the last five games in this series, including a 98-95 home victory on November 22, a contest better known for being the one in which Derrick Rose suffered his season-ending knee injury.
* The Trail Blazers are 13-1 this season when they hold their opponent to 94 or fewer points. They gave up just 85 points in their win over the Hawks on Thursday (100-85).
* Chicago has held its opponent to 97 or fewer points in seven straight games (5-2); this is the longest active such streak in the NBA.
* LaMarcus Aldridge returned to action Thursday, recording 25 points and 16 rebounds against the Hawks after missing the previous seven games with a back injury. Aldridge has scored at least 20 points in four straight road games against the Bulls, averaging 28.5 points on 60.2 (50/83) percent shooting during this streak.
* Chicago is 9-2 this season when Taj Gibson has at least 19 points off the bench in a game. Gibson came off the bench to pour in a game-high 23 points in Monday’s win over the Pacers.
* Kirk Hinrich has made at least one three-point field goal in 14 straight games, going 24-for-51 (.471) from behind the arc during this streak. This is Hinrich’s longest streak of games with 1+ three-pointer since a 15-game streak March 22-November 7, 2007.