* Chicago defeated Dallas, 4-2, at United Center on Tuesday, and has now won three of its last four games overall (all at home). The Blackhawks have dropped four of their last five road tilts (1-3-1 record), scoring two or fewer times in each of those contests.
* The Bruins lost, 2-1, in a shootout with Montreal at TD Garden on Monday, snapping their 12-game winning streak in the process. The B’s win streak was their longest since a 13-gamer in 1971, and the third-longest in franchise history overall (won 14 straight in 1929-30).
* The Blackhawks took the first meeting of the season with the Bruins, 3-2, in a shootout at United Center on January 19. Dating to the beginning of 2007-08, Boston has won three of the last four tilts with Chicago at TD Garden.
* Duncan Keith had a goal and an assist Tuesday, garnering first-star honors for his performance. Keith has lit the lamp three times in his last five skates after netting just three goals in his first 67 games of 2013-14.
* Patrice Bergeron scored the Bruins’ lone goal Monday, giving him 23 markers on the season – the second-highest single-season total of his career (31 in 2005-06). Bergeron has lit the lamp in a career-high four straight games.
* With 49 triumphs on the season, Boston is looking to win at least 50 games for the first time since posting 53 victories in 2008-09, and the ninth time in franchise history overall.