Explosion levels home in New Lenox
The Joliet Fire Department and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are trying to figure out what sparked a monster, house explosion in New Lenox on Monday afternoon.
They’re looking into if a gas leak is to blame, and examining what’s left of the furnace and hot water heater.
The house was located on the 700 block of Lambeth Lane.
The blast sent huge flames and thick smoke into the sky. Nearby homes were also damaged.
Fortunately, no one was home at the time. The parents were at work, and the kids were at school.