A handful of polling precincts in Chicago will probably stay open beyond the 7 p.m. closing time because they opened late Tuesday.
Elections officials says five precincts got a late start.
The affected polling places include:
- Precinct 11, 23rd Ward. Originally at Connolly Victory Post, the polling place had to be moved across the street to Royalty East Banquet, 3810 W. 63rd St. this morning because Connolly could not be opened.
- Precinct 11, 32nd Ward. Stan Properties, 2408 N Kedzie Ave
- Precinct 11, 50th Ward. Ida Crown Jewish Academy, 2828 W. Pratt opened late.
- In Des Plaines, Precinct 6, West Park Field House at 651 S. Wolf Road.
- In Glenview, Precinct 52, Manor Field House, 200 Lincoln St.
Some of the voting was delayed because poll workers had a hard time deciphering the new electronic election books.
Others were delayed because buildings were opened late.
Chicago Board of Elections Chairman Langdon Neal planned to go to court to ask a judge to keep the affected polling places open until 8 p.m.