Dog drinks anti-freeze; ‘vodka drip’ saves its life
Vodka saved a dog’s life after he drank some anti-freeze in his owner’s garage.
Charlie the Maltese Terrier, who lives in Australia, was rushed to an animal hospital, and staffers there got creative in order to help him.
They hooked him up to a “vodka drip.” The alcohol helps break down the poisonous compounds in anti-freeze.
Over two days, Charlie downed about a quart of vodka. He got really drunk.
He was stumbling around and every time someone would try to pet him, he’d push them away.
But, he’s alive and now doing well.